IMMEDIATE OPEINING - Now Hiring
Housekeeper (Casual) – Crossroad Inlet Centre Hospice
Join Crossroads Hospice Society’s dedicated team of staff and volunteers passionate about hospice care and bereavement support. The heart of hospice is meeting the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of the terminally ill. Crossroads Hospice Society has been providing compassionate care and support for those facing advanced illness, death and bereavement for 30 years.
Job Description: Crossroads Hospice Society is currently seeking a Housekeeper (Casual) at Crossroads Inlet Centre Hospice in Port Moody, BC.
Candidates must have open availability and be able to work all shifts.
Start date: Immediate opening; however, the position will remain open until filled.
**A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required.
General Description: To maintain cleanliness of 10 bed hospice residence and provide daily laundry services.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Cleans and disinfects patient rooms, washrooms, nurse’s station and common areas
- Cleans empty rooms following a strict terminal clean protocol
- Does facility and patient laundry
- Collects and disposes trash and recycling
- Maintain a safe environment at all times (e.g. use of wet floor signs)
- Respond to emergency cleanups as required
- Assesses immediate cleaning needs and takes appropriate action
- Perform duties according to health and safety guidelines
- Report all injuries and hazards to the supervisor immediately
- Other reasonable requests from management
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient/family and personnel information
Job Category: Direct Service
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience in the healthcare environment an asset
- At least 1 yr. experience as a housekeeper would be ideal
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- WHMIS certification
- Demonstrated interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and multitask
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Moderate physical fitness level required
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Understanding and acceptance of hospice philosophy
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient/family and personnel information as per Society and the Fraser Health Authority’s confidentiality regulations
- Perform duties in an efficient and effective manner while maintaining the spirit, dignity and individual needs of patients, families and guests
Position Type: Casual
Job Region: BC – Lower Mainland
Location: Port Moody, BC
Career Level: Experienced
Reports to: Manager, Hospice Programs and Administration
To Apply: Please address your cover letter to Sylvie Jensen, Manager, Hospice Programs and Administration. Send both your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 604-949-2300, no later than September 4, 2018. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates who have been short-listed for a position will be contacted.
Resumes are kept on file for six months.
Charity Number: 894850635 RR0001